birthday rice krispies with mochi
- 1½ tbsp (22 g) butter
- 1½ cups (71 g) marshmallow
- 1¼ cups (32 g) rice krispies cereal
- 1¼ cups (32 g) fruity pebbles cereal
- 1/4 cup (48 g) sprinkles
- 1/4 cups (57 g) mochi bites
prepare the rice krispies
- measure and mix the rice krispies and fruity pebbles cereals into a medium bowl.
- measure marshmallows and add into a large bowl.
- measure sprinkles and add into a small bowl.
- measure mochi bites and add into another small bowl.
- cut the butter into 1 inch cubes.
make rice krispies
- add the butter into the marshmallow bowl.
- microwave for 30 seconds and mix with spatula.
- microwave for another 30 seconds and mix with spatula until butter & marshmallows are fully incorporated.
- mix rice krispies & fruity pebbles cereals mixture, sprinkles, and mochi bites into the marshmallow bowl.
- transfer mixture to baking dish and use a spatula to press into the dish.
- let rice krispy treats cool for at least 20 minutes, and then slice into rectangles.
- let's eat! 🙂
cut into desired sized slices, wrap each slice in plastic wrap, and store in the freezer.
- kitchen scale: i am a huge proponent of kitchen scales! mine is my best friend in baking. while rice krispies are generally forgiving and you could get away with using measuring cups, i recommend kitchen scales for accuracy and also less to clean!
- spatula: this will help you mix the ingredients for the rice krispies together.
- baking dish: this 7.5″ x 6″ dish is my favorite to use when making rice krispies; however, any sort of baking pan or dish will work.
- where can i find mochi bites? i have not had luck finding them at an asian grocery store, so i got mine on amazon. these are the two brands i have tried: sogo & teazone.
- i don’t have a microwave. how can i melt the butter and marshmallows? most recipe i have seen usually melt the butter and marshmallows over a stove top. because i am super lazy with doing more dishes, i decided to use a microwave. either method works. if you use the stove top, i melt the butter on medium low for 1 – 2 minutes, mix in the marshmallows, and then let them melt for an additional 1 – 2 minutes. give it a final mix to fully incorporate the butter and marshmallows.
- can i use more or less of each cereal? the ratio i follow is equal parts rice krispies and fruity pebbles cereal. this recipe is super forgiving, so you could always use more or less fruity pebbles cereal (for example) as long as the total remains the same (2.5 cups as indicated in the recipe below).
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.