espresso matcha latte
i was feeling the monday blues and needed extra energy & focus to kick start the day! this extra caffeinated matcha latte was exactly what i needed!
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 3½ tbsp boiling water
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup ice
- 1 espresso shot
- whisk matcha powder with 3½ tbsp water. set aside.
- add simple syrup, milk, ice, matcha, & espresso to a cup.
- matcha bowl: sugarhouse ceramics co. has my favorite matcha bowls (however, they always sell out fast when released). there are some on amazon that i like such as the textured glass one. this isn’t required (because i have definitely used regular bowls); however, if you make matcha often, a matcha bowl is a must as the spout is super helpful when pouring.
- matcha whisk: this is the one i frequently use. however, i also have this one in my kitchen too. this is a must when making matcha.
- sieve: this is also a must when making matcha. using this ensures all the clumps are removed from the matcha powder. this creates a smoother drink (have you ever had matcha drinks that still have clumps of matcha powder? i definitely have!).
- what are your favorite matcha powders? i love the ones from ippodo tea, matchabar, and tea people. they also must be ceremonial grade. i have tried culinary grade (great for baked goods), but it tastes horrible when used to make a drink like matcha latte.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.