green thai iced tea
have you tried green thai iced tea? 7 leaves recently debuted this in their stores, along with their core menu of teas. it was sweet, creamy, & floral! in this recipe, i recreate this using the number one brand green thai tea mix. it only takes less 10 mins to make, and it's perfect for the mid-day!
- 1 tsp green thai tea mix
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup boba
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 – 2 tsp condensed milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
prepare thai tea
- add thai tea mix and boiling water to a medium bowl. let it steep for 3 – 5 mins.
- use a sieve to remove the tea leaves.
- fill saucepan with 3⅓ cups of water, and place on stovetop on high heat. once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low heat and add uncooked boba. mix occasionally for 2 – 3 mins.
- turn off and let boba rest for 2 -3 mins.
- add brown sugar & honey to a small bowl.
- use a sieve to strain boba into the same bowl.
- whisk condensed milk and coconut milk together in a medium bowl.
- add boba, ice, coconut milk, & thai tea.
- saucepan: this is my favorite saucepan. i have had mine for years; it’s durable & versatile.
- sieve: this is also great for removing tea leaves.
- whisk: this one is perfect for small-batch recipes and used to mix condensed milk / milk.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
- what thai tea mix did you use? i used the number one brand.
- where can i get boba pearls? my favorite are from wu fu yuan (if you are near by a 99 ranch or asian grocery store, you will be able to find them there) and tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.