mango matcha latte
mangoes, matcha, and mucho love! 🥰 in this recipe, i elevate your basic matcha latte by adding mangoes! this drink is sweet from the mangoes and earthy from the matcha; it's a perfect combination for a bit of caffeine mid-day pick me up!
- 1 tsp tea people organic matcha powder
- 3½ tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup fresh or frozen mangos
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar (you can reduce this if your mangos are sweet)
- 1 tsp water
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup ice
- whisk matcha powder with 1 tbsp water to make paste.
- whisk in an additional 2½ tbsp water. set aside.
make mango puree
- using a blender or food processor or fork, mix mango, sugar, & water until it becomes a puree.
- add mango puree, ice, milk, & matcha.
- matcha bowl: sugarhouse ceramics co. has my favorite matcha bowls (however, they always sell out fast when released). there are some on amazon that i like such as the textured glass one. this isn’t required (because i have definitely used regular bowls); however, if you make matcha often, a matcha bowl is a must as the spout is super helpful when pouring.
- matcha whisk: this is the one i frequently use. however, i also have this one in my kitchen too. this is a must when making matcha.
- sieve: this is also a must when making matcha. using this ensures all the clumps are removed from the matcha powder. this creates a smoother drink (have you ever had matcha drinks that still have clumps of matcha powder? i definitely have!).
- food processor: this one is my favorite and cordless. i love how portable it is, and kitchenaid products have such great durability and longevity.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
- what are your favorite matcha powders? i love the ones from ippodo tea, matchabar, and tea people. they also must be ceremonial grade. i have tried culinary grade (great for baked goods), but it tastes horrible when used to make a drink like matcha latte.
- where can i get boba pearls? my favorite are from wu fu yuan (if you are near by a 99 ranch or asian grocery store, you will be able to find them there) and tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.