mango smoothie w. boba
i am a massive mango lover, and with mangoes still being in season, i have been chowing down on mangoes for every meal! this creamy mango smoothie with boba recipe takes 10 minutes to make, and it requires simple ingredients: condensed milk, milk, & ice. 🥭🧋
- ⅓ cup boba
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen mangos (sliced into ½ inch cubes)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen mangos
- 1 – 2 tsp condensed milk
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup ice
- fill saucepan with 3⅓ cups of water, and place on stovetop on high heat. once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low heat and add uncooked boba. mix occasionally for 2 – 3 mins.
- turn off and let boba rest for 2 -3 mins.
- add brown sugar & honey to a small bowl.
- use a sieve to strain boba into the same bowl.
prepare mango chunks
- dice mangoes into ½ inch cubes. set aside.
make mango smoothie
- using a blender or food processor mix mango, condensed milk, milk, & ice until it is well incorporated.
- add boba, mango chunks, & mango smoothie into a cup.
- saucepan: this is my favorite saucepan. i have had mine for years; it’s durable & versatile.
- sieve: this is used to remove water from the boba.
- food processor: this one is my favorite and cordless. i love how portable it is, and kitchenaid products have such great durability and longevity.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
- where can i get boba pearls? my favorite are from wu fu yuan (if you are near by a 99 ranch or asian grocery store, you will be able to find them there) and tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.