pumpkin hojicha milk tea
i love the warm and toasty notes from hojicha tea (a roasted green tea), and this recipes combines it with the earthy sweetness of the pumpkin milk! grab yourself a cup, and get caffeinated! ☕️
- 1 tsp tea people organic hojicha powder
- 3½ tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 – 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ – ¾ cup ice
prepare hojicha tea
- whisk hojicha powder with boiling water. set aside.
prepare pumpkin milk
- using a blender or food processor, mix milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, & pumpkin spice together until well incorporated.
- add pumpkin milk, ice, & hojicha.
- matcha bowl: sugarhouse ceramics co. has my favorite matcha bowls (however, they always sell out fast when released). there are some on amazon that i like such as the textured glass one. this isn’t required (because i have definitely used regular bowls); however, if you make matcha or hojicha often, a matcha bowl is a must as the spout is super helpful when pouring.
- matcha whisk: this is the one i frequently use. however, i also have this one in my kitchen too. this is a must when making hojicha.
- sieve: this is also a must when making hojicha. using this ensures all the clumps are removed from the hojicha powder.
- food processor: this one is my favorite and cordless. i love how portable it is, and kitchenaid products have such great durability and longevity.
- what are your favorite hojicha powders? i love the one from tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.