vanilla sweet cream jasmine tea with boba
have you ever had starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew? it’s sweet, delicious, and my favorite part is the vanilla sweet cream! i am making a copycat version of it, topping it on a floral jasmine tea and deliciously sweet & chewy boba. grab a cup and your boba straw! 🧋
- 1 tbsp jasmine tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup boba
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
vanilla sweet cream
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- ½ tsp simple syrup
- ½ – ¾ cup ice
prepare jasmine tea
- add jasmine and boiling water to a medium bowl. let it steep for 3 mins.
- use a sieve to remove the tea leaves.
- chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
- fill saucepan with 3 1⁄3 cups of water, and place on stovetop on high heat. once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low heat and add uncooked boba. mix occasionally for 2 – 3 mins.
- turn off and let boba rest for 2 -3 mins.
- add brown sugar & honey to a small bowl.
- use a sieve to strain boba into the same bowl.
make vanilla sweet cream
- add heavy cream, milk, vanilla paste, & simple syrup in a mason jar.
- cap and shake vigorously for 30 secs – 1 min.
- add boba, ice, & jasmine tea.
- top with vanilla sweet cream.
- saucepan: this is my favorite saucepan. i have had mine for years; it’s durable & versatile.
- sieve: this is also great for removing tea leaves.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
- where can i get boba pearls? my favorite are from wu fu yuan (if you are near by a 99 ranch or asian grocery store, you will be able to find them there) and tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.